At Holly Primary School, our curriculum aims to provide pupils with a coherent, knowledge rich and cumulative education that will develop their cultural literacy and ensure every child fulfils their potential. Ensuring that every child makes progress is the key to our curriculum. Our vision embraces the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, moral and social development of children. It is engaging, exciting and innovative, encompassing and celebrating all curriculum areas, helping to ensure that our children develop the knowledge and skills they need to excel, and become creative and curious citizens.
The Holly Primary Curriculum sets out the planned progression children will make from F1 to Year 6. It is designed to:
- Ensure that children develop the appropriate knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes in all curriculum areas that are built upon year on year.
- Enable children to have a deep knowledge and understanding of the world around them so that they are able to positively contribute and make a difference.
- Foster Holly Primary School values that children are guided by in choices and actions.
- Challenge children to make good progress and experience pride in their achievements.
- Be strong in meeting the needs of learners irrespective of their gender, ability, socio-economic circumstances, differences and ethnicity.
- Give a rich provision throughout the day that provides an interesting and stimulating learning environment.
- Allow us to know our pupils well and shape the curriculum around them. Because of this, we raise standards, achievement and self-esteem.
- Be based around our school’s context.
- Promote an understanding of global citizenship and care for the environment and make children aware of and engage with, their local, national and international communities.
- Develop a lifelong love of learning and prepare children for their future and next steps in life.
Ultimately, we strive for our children to leave Holly Primary School as knowledgeable, capable, empowered individuals, strongly guided by our school values.
Our curriculum, therefore, teaches an understanding of emotions, promotes resilience and encourages an open approach to discussing worries or concerns.
Our curriculum also includes opportunities for our pupils to learn how to keep themselves safe in all areas of life. An important element of this includes safety on-line and when communicating using technology.
Please contact Miss McGuiness, our Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require any more information regarding our school curriculum.