Welcome to the homepage for our Yammer social network! To join, send us a request via email and, once we’ve verified your identity at school, we’ll send you an invitation and you’ll be able to join the class pages. firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you’ll find newsletters, photographs and information posts relating to the whole school. Remember that we encourage you to comment and post, but no photographs of individual children or names please. Any concerns, please contact us. You will find the Yammer feed below the terms and conditions of usage.
Yammer Terms and Conditions – Holly Primary School – September 2019
Amendment – 2.2 Member’s profile pictures can be personalised, but must not contain images of children.
Posts and Comments
- All adults will uphold and promote the values of our school and communicate in a positive, accurate, respectful and responsible manner.
- All parents and carers are welcome to post their thoughts and ideas in the relevant pages, and to like, share and comment on postings. We request that you do this in a positive, respectful, constructive and accurate manner.
- Public posts and private messages may only be sent between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, unless staff have children in their care during off-site visits and residential trips.
- If followers have any specific concerns, particularly related to their own or other child/children, do not post these. Please speak directly to the child’s class teacher or another member of staff as you would normally.
- Under no circumstances should any child be named, described or discussed in public or private messages. We all have a responsibility to keep our children safe.
- Posting documents, images and videos
- Only school authorised administrators have permission to allow the upload of documents, photographs and videos.
- Member’s profile pictures can be personalised, but must not contain images of children
- Site moderation
- The site will be monitored regularly by administrators that are authorised by the Head teacher.
- All visitors to the pages are asked to inform Mr Howard/Mr White of any inappropriate comments, behaviours or concerns they have relating to the page so appropriate action can be taken as soon as possible.
- A post can be deleted by a member of staff without notification if they deem it to be inappropriate or breach any of these terms and conditions.
- The head teacher can close any person’s Yammer account and report directly to relevant external bodies if required.
- The page is designed as a communication tool to engage with parents and carers. It is therefore restricted to people over 18 years of age.
- Where the parent is under 18 years old, permission will be granted at the discretion of the head teacher.
- Staff Responsibilities
- Should a post require a response, Holly staff will do their best to reply within two school working days between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- It will be at the personal discretion of the staff if they reply to any comment on the site.
- The private messaging facility exists but staff are under no obligation to check or respond to private messages. We would much rather speak to you in person.
- Staff can reply to any comment on the Yammer feeds and will ensure that the information is correct before posting.
- As we work in teams at Holly, we will try to post something at least once a week on the foundation page and each mixed year group site.
- If a member of staff feels that any post does not uphold the positive ethos of Holly, or that it places them in a negative position by either naming them or through implication, they can request an administrator to take immediate action and delete the post without notifying the sender.
- Staff will only post comments between 8am and 6pm Monday – Friday.