At Holly Primary School, we aim to develop children’s curiosity and fascination in both their immediate surroundings and in places and environments in the wider world leading their own learning through purposeful research, careful questioning and discussions. Our Geography curriculum encourages children to gain an awareness and understanding of diverse cultures and people through in-depth studies of countries and regions of the world.
We provide children with a wealth of opportunities to develop and apply their geographical skills in both the local area and beyond through our forest schools provision, local fieldwork, trips and residentials.
- To develop a lifelong curiosity and fascination of their immediate surroundings and in places and environments in the wider world.
- To gain an awareness and understanding of diverse cultures and people.
- To value their own and others’ surroundings and understand how they can impact our changing world.
- To be active global citizens who value, respect and appreciate planet Earth and its people.
- To be able to link and apply their geographical skills across the curriculum.
Each term, we use a range of methods to assess skills and knowledge attained by the children –
- Pupil Voice
- Three Thinkers Questions
- Book Looks
- Regular lesson feedback